Based in Belgium
Poised between life and death, isolated and alone, you must unravel the poignant truths that led to your fate. Dig beneath the beautifully rendered façades and interiors of an ordinary suburban lifestyle to discover a contemporary tale crafted by an award-winning author.
Piece together this compelling story by revealing objects and memories, and decipher these clues to reveal more of the story and its secrets. From your own home to eerily deserted streets, beautiful apartment blocks to abandoned hospitals, you must search forensically for clues and the path forwards. Each new revelation takes you that one step closer to understanding, and to the people and places that surrounded you, in your all too short life.
Why are you here? Why are you trapped? Will you ever get home?
- Experience an emotional and immersive story written by award-winning author Joost Vandecasteele
- Explore every nook and cranny of each beautifully rendered diorama
- Play through five compelling chapters, with each revealing more secrets and twists that will lead you to the truth
- From an unassuming sitting room, to a tent in a forest, from a police car in a tree to an abandoned hospital, a hauntingly different suburbia is yours to discover
Launch Trailer YouTube
2019 Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominee Most Creative Game" PLAY 2020
- "Winner Most Innovative Game" Casual Connect 2018
- "Winner Best Desktop/Downloadable" Game Connection Europe 2018
- "Winner PC Indie Pitch" Gamescom 2017
- "Winner Best Mobile Game" Belgian Game Awards 2016
- "3rd Place Big Indie Awards" Shenzen, China 2017
- "Nominee Innovation in Game" Ludicious 2018
- "Selection AdventureX" London 2016
- "Selection Indiecade" Paris 2016
Happy Volcano allows for the contents of The Almost Gone to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from The Almost Gone is legally & explicitly allowed by Happy Volcano. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.happyvolcano.com/press/sheet.php?p=the_almost_gone.
Official website: www.thealmostgone.com.
About Happy Volcano
Happy Volcano is an indie studio based in Leuven, Belgium that loves to make games. The studio released the critically acclaimed and award-winning The Almost Gone in 2020 and is currently working on You Suck at Parking, coming to Steam in 2021.
More information on Happy Volcano, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Almost Gone Credits
Yves De Mey
Sound and Music