Working at Happy Volcano
Working remote or in-house
Happy Volcano is a hybrid studio with the option of working in-house at our Belgian office or remotely, provided you can commit to partly working during CET hours. We embrace remote work moving forward to give you the freedom to choose how you want to organize your day-to-day life according to your lifestyle and way of working.
Benefits and perks
You get a competitive salary based on your experience, adjustable to the cost of living for where you’re based.
In addition to a minimum of 21 vacation days, the studio closes between 25 December and New Year. We use the official holidays of your place of living so you won’t have to miss friends and family during these important moments.
Make an impact
Being a small team means you can make a difference and help decide on how the product evolves. We believe every idea counts and can have a real impact on the games we make.
Your personal growth is important to us. There are numerous opportunities to enhance your individual development like 1:1 mentoring, access to courses, and attending industry events.
At Happy Volcano, we know that work is not all that matters. We foster a healthy and fulfilling environment that supports your lifestyle and helps you balance your career and personal life.
Inclusion and diversity
Diverse voices make our studio better, and we commit to creating a diverse and happy environment, from the ground up, where everyone is welcome.
Our online hiring process
All of our job openings are available as remote working opportunities. To accommodate this new and improved way of working, we moved our entire hiring process online. This is what it looks like:
- Apply on our careers page for a job that matches your skills and interests. Make sure to add your CV or Linkedin and portfolio.
- We’ll reach out if your experience and skills match our open vacancy to set up the first call to get context on your experience, personal goals, and what you could bring to Happy Volcano.
- If there is a good match we move on to a second deeper, more technical interview. Depending on the position there might be a technical test, presentation, or task. We give you plenty of time to schedule and prepare. We want you to be as comfortable as possible and are open to all of your questions.
- After each interview, we will give you feedback and let you know the next steps.
- We try to move as quickly as possible, but sometimes timelines vary and we can’t always let you know how long your process will take.